Saturday 13 October 2012

Confessions on G-Dragon's "ONE OF A KIND" First Solo Mini Album


YESSIR, I'M ONE OF A KIND~


First of all, there are 2 different versions of this album.
The gold and the bronze.


The only difference between the two are the photocards, really.
The gold album has cards of GD alone while the bronze edition has GD with models.
The photocards are the same size as the album (which is the size of a standard book) and the cards are very very thick.
I had no idea which one to buy at first so I ended up buying a bronze version (because it's prettier) and my friend bought a gold and we just swapped photocards. Yep.
It's a bit pricey for a mini but it's absolutely worth it because
a. the quality of it is phenomenal and
b. it contains a bonus track that you're not gonna get from buying off iTunes


TRACKLIST
1. One Of A Kind 
2. Crayon [TITLE]
3. Without You (ft. ? from New YG Girl Group)
4. That XX
5. Missing You (ft. Kim Yuna)
6. Today (ft. Kim Jong Wan)
7. Light It Up (ft. Tablo & Dok2) [BONUS TRACK]

One Of A Kind


CAN I JUST SAY HOW OMFG.
 THE SEXY IN THIS VIDEO.


One Of A Kind nurses a heavy drum beat and fast rapping. It's the type of song that pretty much makes you want to flail about and dance in your seat. There are a lot of surprising instrumentals ranging from cat calls to video game machine sounds and castanets. 

This song is Ji pretty much bragging about how rich, famous and awesome he is. Personally, I think that this song would have been better as a title track than Crayon but I'm really not gonna complain. It's fantabulous and wonderful and I LOVE IT!



Taeyang bro, you alright?

Crayon



Crayon is just an all out crazyyyyyyy song. Which is why it's called Crayon = Crazy On.
The MV is full of crazy puns like Jiyongchy (Givenchy) and it's just absolutely hilarious.
This song is like the Fantastic Baby of the One Of The Kind Album. The first live stage nearly had me in an epileptic fit. I mean, really, why do you need THAT many flashing lights?
And the MV in general made me feel like I was on drugs..


Do you see what I mean?....


Without You ft. ? of New YG Girl Group

A change from the crazy, hectic start of the album, Without You features an unknown singer from YG's New Girl Group. If her power vocals and range are anything to go by, she 's definitely a singer you should keep and eye on and anticipate. The vocals are sweet and GD demonstrates his amazing falsetto skills once again.

That XX



That XX is an unexpected track full of acoustic guitar. After One Of A Kind and Crayon, I was totally expecting another crazy MV and was pleasantly blown away by the soft introduction and guitar strums.
Basically the song and music video is about GD cheating on his girlfriend with another girl. He beings to reflect on his actions and feels guilty and apologetic, singing that he is unworthy of her.
You're not gonna be able to pick all this up just by listening to the song. The ingenious MV hints and contributes to the story as well.  

The thing that really gets me though is OMFG. STOP. STOP THE BEEPS. LIKE I KNOW YOU BEEPED IT FOR A REASON OTHERWISE YOU'D GET BANNED BUT OMG.
*song is uncensored in the album though *


The MV also features Jennie Kim, a 16 year old trainee from New Zealand.



Excuse me, but, what do you think you're doing looking through a keyhole?? 


Can I also just say how fineeeeee he looks here?? 

Missing You ft. Kim Yuna

This has got to be one of my favourites from the entire album. It's just so beautiful and Kim Yuna sounds absolutely unique and amazingggg. The whistling and guitar in the intro absolutely got me. 
This song actually reminds me a lot of Epik High's "UMBRELLA".
It's calming and soothing and just so beautiful.


YG producer and Quest Crew Dancer, Lydia Paek also performed this song live on Naver during "GD and Friends".
Personally, I like this version better because of Lydia's strong vocals. 

Today ft. Kim Jong Wan

This song is full of amazing and perfectly executed falsettos. Not one of my favourites on the album, but it does reminds me a lot of Daesung's "WINGS" in Alive.
The chorus has got a really "united" feel. Like something that you'd play at a protest or rally or something and everyone would sings along and go crazy to it.
Great song, but not really my style.


Light It Up ft. Tablo & Dok2



OHMYGOD MY FEELS.
TABLO. TABLO. DOK2. OMFG. THIS IS PERFECTION. IT'S ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. JUST. 
WORDS CAN'T EVEN EXPLAIN OK? JUST SEARCH IT UP 



*explodes*

Ok ok. Sorry. I'm calm.
The entire song is so badass omfg. It instantly wants to make you dance. The "diu-diu-diu-diu-diu" instrumentals in the background make you want to go mental because this so so so good.
Tablo is perfect like always.
Dok2 sounds unique and amazing as always and I'm always gonna be able to tell his voice anywhere.
GD swears. HE SWEARS IN THIS SONG. AHAHHAHAH.
ok. words have failed me. I'm done here.
Go. Just go listen to it and let your ovaries (or whatever guys have as an equivalent to that) explode.

Much love.
Admin S
xx.

Listening to: For The Kids - Tablo & MYK




No comments:

Post a Comment