Sunday 5 February 2012

Confessions on Debut Songs

Recently, Allkpop released an article titled "How long does it take for idols to reach #1?" after Teen Top won their first music program award with their song Crazy. Netizens calculated that it took them exactly 564 days since their debut back in July 2010 with Clap, which has got me thinking:

What are the best/most successful songs that a group debuted with?


CN BLUE - I'M A LONER (15 days after debut)



Oetoriya Oetoriya... Yes in first place is CN to the Bluee! Taking their award after 15 days took the music industry by storm which makes me and many boices very proud. I am yet to approach any one who hates CN Blue which is great because they are real talent without choreography or auto tune.


MISS A - BAD GIRL GOOD GIRL (22 days after debut)



Second place goes to the girls of Miss A. After winning with Bad Girl Good Girl, Miss A have proved to be one of the best female dance groups in Korea. They are expected to make a comeback later in February which are making many A Classes excited :)


G.NA - I'll Back Off So You Can Live (꺼져 줄게 잘 살아) (28 days after debut)



G.NA got a head start in the industry after releasing a duet with Rain. Her first mini album Draw G's First Breath is really amazing and her vocals are seriously powerful. G.NA's recent songs like Black & White and Top Girl don't impress me as much as her ballads but I hope Cube would do more collaberations with their artists.


WONDER GIRLS - IRONY (28 days after debut)




2NE1 - FIRE (40 days after debut)



Mi mi mi mi mi mi mi michigo shippeo! 2009 was the year of 2NE1 and after their unofficial debut song Lollipop with Big Bang, they have dramatically changed K-Pop with their unique style. Fire was not my favourite song, but YG chose his members well. With such an electrifying debut, these girls have had the world in their palms, winning Girl Group of the Year, Song of the Year, releasing 2NE1 TV and performing on stage with reknown US artists.
FT ISLAND - LOVE SICK (55 days after debut)



BIG BANG - LALALA



And look how far Big Bang has come! Starting in 2006, Big Bang has consistently surprised us all with their style and music. It makes me a proud VIP to know that they are recognised worldwide after winning Best Worldwide Act at the 2011 MTV Awards. I don't know why but I get really dizzy after listening to La La La haha but these boys are truly daebak.

SHINEE - REPLAY (NOONA YOU ARE SO PRETTY)



SHINee's debut song Replay remains as one of my favourites, showcasing every member's talents. They really captured the hearts of noonas left right and centre after this track but they made great success with their recent albums. It really strikes me how young Taemin was at the time, being just 15 when promoting Replay... makes me realise what a failed 15 year old I was...


SUPER JUNIOR - KNOCK OUT (TWINS)




TVXQ - HUG




U-KISS - NOT YOUNG



Not Young made U-Kiss seem like such an innocent boy group, right? Then came Man Man Ha Ni. Then came Bingeul Bingeul. Then their innocent boy image became rare and almost non-existent. Truthfully, their 'cute' side never appealed to me. Except Dongho. I can never see him grow up hahahaha


SS501 - WARNING




2PM - 10 POINTS OUT OF 10



This debut made me feel somewhat uncomfortable. Oh that's predebuted G.Na by the way. These beastly idols have changed the least in comparison to other groups, but I didn't like Shipjeom Manjeome Shipjeom. I miss their I Hate You and Without U days...

B2ST - BAD GIRL



BEST. EFFING. DEBUT. EVER. Kikwang, let me marry you, really. They all look so ridiculous, it's absolutely brilliant. But I genuinely love this song and all their other title tracks from their mini albums. I love Yoseob's blonde hair. I love Dongwoon's "C.O.M.E". I love Junhyung's rapping and how it's the exact same as the Japanese version. I love their baggy pants. I love how Kikwang dances in a bathroom. This is top stuff, nuff said.


MBLAQ - OH YEAH



OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH YEAH YEAH. I wish I could meet their stylist and give her a big hug. It's like Lee Joon is shirtless, but not shirtless, understood? It's great. But I truly hate their coloured costumes because it's just outright atrocious. In all truth, I hated this song. But it slowly grew on me to the point where it is now acceptable.
SNSD - INTO THE NEW WORLD




KARA - BREAK IT




AFTER SCHOOL - AH




F(X) - LACHATA



Listening to: Wheesung - Insomnia




No comments:

Post a Comment