Monday 23 January 2012

Confessions on 2NE1's 1st Live Concert - NOLZA!


Yeah and we're about to set this roof on Fire, baby!

 

When I first got this DVD, I was like holy crap, it's sooooo damn pretty! The case is wrapped in velvet, similar to the packaging of Seungri's VVIP album. When you open the box, there is the photobook and the DVD cover, both of which are decorated just like a card.


Disc 1:
01 INTRO
02 FIRE
03 CAN'T NOBODY
04 LET'S GO PARTY
05 I DON'T CARE
06 PLEASE DON'T GO -CL & MINZY
07 KISS -DARA(FEAT CL)
08 YOU AND I -BOM(WITH PARK GO EUN)
09 DON'T CRY -BOM
10 ONLY LOOK AT ME -MINZY
11 IT HURTS
12 LONELY
13 IN THE CLUB
14 PRETTY BOY
15 DON'T STOP THE MUSIC
16 CLAP YOUR HANDS
17 HATE YOU
18 I AM THE BEST
19 UGLY
20 STAY TOGETHER
21 GO AWAY

Disc 2:
01 MAKING FILM
02 MULTI ANGLE CAN'T NOBODY
03 MULTI ANGLE I AM THE BEST
04 DOUBLE ENCORE CAN'T NOBODY

This is the only female group DVD concert that I own and it is truthfully one of the best. I was so pumped to watch it as I love so many 2NE1 songs and most of them are recognisable, unlike Super Shows. The concert starts off with their debut hit Fire and carries on chronologically with all their successful tracks. It then moves into all their solo songs and dances with Dara's Kiss, Park Bom's Don't Cry and You and I featuring Bom's sister Park Go Eun and Minzy's dance version of label mate Taeyang's Only Look At Me.

The show continues with their ballads It Hurts and Lonely in contrast to their high energy vocals and dances. The girls then finish up the tracks from their To Anyone album and perform the rest of their 2nd Mini Album including hits like Hate You, I Am The Best and Don't Stop the Music.

Their performance was very well composed in terms of choreography, staging and costumes. I couldn't hear any moments of miming whatsoever, which is a plus. The only negative I can give is that I wished they performed on a bigger stage, but in spite of that, they worked with what they had efficiently and effectively. Stand out performances go to Fire, Kiss, You and I, Pretty Boy and Ugly.

I particularly liked Bom's You and I, firstly because she performed in a wedding dress which gets credibility. Secondly, it was beautiful how she introduced her sister who is an excellent celloist and together, their music was just superb. It makes me wonder what kind of voice she has, being Bom's sister, but nonetheless has the same passion and talent in music.




Out of all the concerts I recieved for Christmas, NOLZA stands as my favourite. The way 2NE1 interacts with Blackjacks is incredible and you can see that they are raw talent just from their vocals. Many people say that Dara has the weakest vocals in the group, but I think her parts in Pretty Boy and Clap Your Hands say otherwise, or at least not like other girl group members out there in the industry. One thing that didn't disappoint was CL's perfect rapping and singing. She totally owned all of Hate You which proves her capability of being such an all-rounded leader.

I was very much impressed with this concert and hopefully there will be more to come in the future with more comebacks and albums. 2NE1 Hwaiting!


~Now throw your hands in the air
And wave 'em like you just don't care~

1 comment: