Tuesday 24 January 2012

Confessions on Super Junior's 3rd Asia Tour - Super Show 3



The packaging for this Super Show isn't very impressive, comprising of the sleeve case, photobook and DVD case containing 2 discs. I was a bit disappointed by this in comparison to the Big Show or Nolza Concert, but a Super Show is indeed a Super Show and one should never underestimate it.

All together, Super Show exceeds 3 and a half hours. It is that freaking amazing/awesome/scary! There are a total of 36 performances including their famous hits Sorry Sorry, Bonamana, Super Girl, Don't Don, No Other and U.

DISC 1
[SUPER JUNIOR THE 3RD ASIA TOUR]TRACK LIST

01.3RD GATE
02. SORRY, SORRY
03. SUPER GIRL
04. 돈돈! (Don't Don)
05. 너 같은 사람 또 없어 (No Other)
06. 멤버소개
07. 고백 (Confession)
08. 좋은 사람 (Good Person)
09. 로꾸거!!! (Rokuko)
10. 봄날 (One Fine Spring Day) [려욱]
11. 내가 너의 곁에 잠시 살았다는 걸 [규현]
12. If U leave [성민]
13. Looking for the day [시원]
14. I wanna love you [은혁, 동해]
15. 아이돌이 헤어지는 방법 [희철] feat. 크리스탈 (f(x))
16. 챔피언 [신동]
17. 똑똑똑 (knock, knock, knock)
18. 둘이 (You & I)
19. 아주 먼 옛날 (Song For You)


DISC 2
[SUPER JUNIOR THE 3RD ASIA TOUR]TRACK LIST

20. SHAKE IT UP!
21. TWINS (KNOCK OUT)
22. 미워 (HATE U, LOVE U)
23. 잠들고 싶어 (IN MY DREAM)
24. 리날도 PERFORMANCE
25. 진심 (ALL MY HEART)
26. 너 아니면 안돼 [예성]
27. 미인아 (BONAMANA)
28. 갈증 (A MAN IN LOVE)
29. U
30. DANCING OUT!
31. 요리왕 (COOKING? COOKING?)
32. 차근차근 (WAY FOR LOVE)
33. 멘트
34. you are the one
35. WONDER BOY
36. CLOSING MENT
 

The show starts with their most popular hit, Sorry Sorry, which then graduates into Super Girl, Don't Don and then No Other. The first few performances are fantastic and full of life and energy. The audience is an entire sea of Sapphire Blue which is excellent to see. Super Junior then go on to perform their fun and lively songs like Confessions and Rokugo. They proceed to their solo performances with Ryeowook's One Fine Spring Day, Eunhyuk and Donghae's I Wanna Love You, Sungmin's dance performance of If You Leave, Shindong's cover of Psy's Champion and Heechul's The Way Idol's Break Up featuring f(x)'s Krystal (some performances are with Sulli).
After songs by Super Junior Trot, the group then perform songs off their 4th album. There is also a special holographic appearance by Kangin who was enlisted in the army at that time. At the climax of the show, the boys unleash their latest title song Miina (Bonamana). After a few more songs like Cooking Cooking and Way for Love, the show is concluded.


I was very satisfied with Super Show 3. It was my first full length official Super Show that I've seen and it was excellent value for money. I mean, 330 minutes of 10 very handsome, talented men?





Cc c can't... resist...

But truthfully I got quite bored half way through their ballad stuff. It just dragged on FOREVER. I know they tried to show their individual talents and skills but I felt that I was going to shoot myself in the head from all the songs that sounded exactly sound.

Despite this, there were many notable performances, mostly from their popular tracks like Sorry Sorry, Super Girl and Bonamana. However I also enjoyed Confessions, Rokugo, I Wanna Love You, The Way Idol's Break Up, Knock Knock Knock and Cooking Cooking. (Songs are linked)

My favourite performances are Confessions and Cooking Cooking. They are both just stupidly ridiculous and fun which is why I like Super Junior.

Eunhyuk and Donghae's I Wanna Love You is like watching Trouble Maker all over again, except that there are two guys and one girl. Lots of promised shirt ripping + Eunhae :)

The Way Idol's Break Up is the product of a brilliant collaboration. Krystal's vocals are an excellent choice with Heechul's rapping and they make a spectacular duo.

I was disappointed with the absence of Lady Hee Hee and Hyukonce :( I was really expecting to see their performance of Lady Gaga's Poker Face and Beyonce's Single Ladies, but unfortunately it wasn't added onto the disc.


Overall, this concert wins for entertainment and energy. Super Junior just explodes charisma on stage!  Now I really want to get my hands on Super Show 4 keke There were some moments which made me a bit sleepy/bored, but with some slow-moving performances were some absolutely fantastic pieces.

image image
imageimage
image image image image  

Rejoice Super Junior for being in my life! Don't know what I'd do without my Gods of Thrusting...

~Star Empire representing yo
Close your eyes, you so beautiful girl
Dulmanwi sekyero chodaehae, we so fly~

1 comment:

  1. do you know why lady hee hee and hyukonce werent added by any chance? I was really disappointed when i realized that they were missing

    ReplyDelete